How to prepare for AILET 2023

AILET is a national-level test, taken for admission into NLU Delhi. For every candidate preparing for AILET, it is necessary to work out a preparation plan. Since CLAT2023 will happen sooner than AILET2023, there is an advantage of learning from mistakes made in the former test.

Note: AILET 2023 has been brought forward to December 11, 2022. Registrations are live now on the official website of NLU Delhi. The AILET 2023 application forms have been released and the last date to apply is November 15, 2022.

It is also advisable to attempt AILET2023 as the syllabus doesn’t differ much, and the number of candidates taking this test is much lesser, hence increasing the chances of getting a seat in NLU Delhi. Hence, they must work on their preparation plan and tread accordingly. For further devising a customized plan, the candidate must first know about the test in detail.

AILET Pattern

Number of Sections

3

Sections

English Language, Logical Reasoning, and Current Affairs and GK

Total no. of questions

150

Duration of the test

90 minutes (1hr. 30 minutes)

Total marks

150

Marks per question

1

Negative Marking

0.25 Negative Marking*

Mode of Examination

Offline

Contrary to its counterpart, CLAT, AILET has three sections. Following is the distribution of the number of questions per section.

Sections

Number of Questions

Marks Allotted

English Language

50

50

General Knowledge and Current Affairs

30

30

Logical Reasoning

70

70

Total

150

150

Key points for AILET 2023 preparation

Given below are some tips candidates should follow to prepare for AILET 2023

  • Constructive approach: Build a timetable. Practice and analyze mocks periodically, while also building on the knowledge constantly.
  • 75% preparation is concept building while the other 25% is giving mocks. These tests are also excellent ways to stimulate test-like conditions.
  • Investing in good and reliable study material. Don’t go overboard and don’t limit your options.
  • Know the test pattern
  • Solving AILET previous years' question paper has been proved to be a good idea as it allows the candidate to understand the kind of question asked in the test as well as the difficulty level.
  • Revise what you have learned, whenever you get the time. Pinpoint your weak areas, and work on them. Only use reliable study material from the abundant content available online.
  • Make a habit of reading the newspaper. The Hindu is one newspaper that is favorable to read to prepare for AILET 2023.
  • Most significantly, revise. Make sure that you make time for revision as it will enable you to retain facts and keep your preparation up-to-date.

AILET 2023 section-wise preparation tips

English

This is a great section to score marks on. Use this time to brush up on your language & vocabulary skills.

  • For this part, it is necessary to read as much as possible.
  • Reading the newspaper and learning new words will prove to be beneficial.
  • Practicing comprehension passages will increase your answering speed.
  • Solve the previous year’s question papers.
  • Take mock tests and check your performance.

Logical Reasoning

  • For this section Practice! Practice! and practice! The more you practice the more equipped you are. What you do today should be revised again and again and again. Practicing again and again for this section especially builds accuracy. And that is what you need in a time-bound test with negative marking.
  • Study from Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning
  • Since you are at this crucial time, follow practicing the selected topics for the year for the Analytical section.
  • Practice your strong point, and do not forget about your weaknesses. This helps you pick questions that should be attempted at the very end.

Current Affairs and General Knowledge

  • Stay aware. Awareness plays a key role in this section. One must make his/ her habit of reading newspapers and watching the news daily. Basic knowledge of History, Geography, and Science will be preferred as a great advantage. The Hindu will be enough and try to utilize the entire free portal which provides current affairs.

What not to do?

  • Do not mix up preparation for CLAT and AILET. While the syllabus and test pattern are mostly the same, every test paper has different question styles and compositions. Make sure to take mocks for AILET specifically.