The major law entrance exams (based on the number of candidates) are: Common Law Admission Test (CLAT), NLU- Delhi Admission Test, Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET), NLU- Orissa Admission Test, IP University Admission Test and LSAT- India.
Most of the entrance exams are conducted in the months of May and June. The two most important things in your path to entering law schools would be your score in the respective law entrance examination and your senior secondary examination percentage (XII Board examination).
The following national law universities (NLUs) consider CLAT scores for admissions to their under graduate programme:
1. National Law School of India University(NLSIU), Bangalore
2. NALSAR University of Law(NALSAR), Hyderabad
3. National Law Institute University(NLIU), Bhopal
4. The W.B. National University of Juridical Sciences(NUJS), Kolkata
5. National Law University(NLU), Jodhpur
6. Hidyatullah National Law University(HNLU), Raipur
7. Gujrat National Law University(GNLU), Gandhinagar
8. Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University(RMNLU), Lucknow
9. Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law(RGNUL), Patiala
10. Chanakya National Law University(CNLU), Patna
11. National University of Advanced Legal Studies(NUALS), Kochi
12. National Law University of Orissa(NLUO), Cuttack
13. National University of Study and Research in Law(NUSRL), Ranchi
14. National Law University and Judicial Academy(NLUJA), Guwahat
The areas that are tested in CLAT :
Legal Aptitude (including legal reasoning and legal knowledge)
The following checklist illustrates the sequence of events in the admission process:
Prepare for the law entrance exams
Research and get acquainted with all the law schools before filling up your preferences
Apply and register yourself via post or online
Receive your admit card number
Take the law entrance exam(s) at the allotted center
Check your score on the website of the respective law entrance examination
Apply to the colleges allotted to you as per your preference
Enter the corridors of knowledge!
If and when there is any change in the pattern of any relevant examination, LST will keep a track of it and inform you well in advance.
All the Best.
learn about our Courses Click here