KIIT Law school, Bhubaneshwar
Founded in 2007, KIIT Law School is in the process of establishing itself as a pivotal institution of excellence, scholarship and rigor among the law institutions of the third generation. We are committed to teaching the techniques of lawyering at the highest level as well as entering into a dialogue with our students about values and justice. Our central focus is to treat law as an instrument of social change and law as a tool to face the challenges of emerging complexities of industrializing societies. We are constantly innovating to ensure and pioneer new and better ways to train the legal talent of tomorrow.
KIIT Law School also offers an energetic and creative learning environment, dedicated faculty-who are working at the cutting edge of their disciplines-and a student body that comes from almost all states of India, enriching the experience of all who study here.
We promote a healthy tradition of interdisciplinarity. It is reflected in the organization of undergraduate studies which brings subjects together, encourages intellectual exchange across disciplines, and creates a sense of community for undergraduate students. The law school arranges seminars, promote conferences, welcome well-known research visitors from overseas, foster research clusters and circulate research papers and other publications.
KIIT Law School have heralded several novel features like the introduction of 'Major' and 'Minor' subjects in BA, BSc, and BBA LLB, an integral part of our LL.B curricula. Similarly we are one of the pioneers in giving Honors degrees at BA LLB, BSc LLB and BA LLB levels. In addition to the full range of courses that we offer, students may choose from an exciting array of innovative specialized courses such as Constitutional Law, Business Law, Cyber Law, International Trade Law, International Law, Crime and Criminology, Law and Agriculture, Intellectual Property Law etc. KIIT Law School also offers courses on emerging interdisciplinary areas that are not yet fully explored by other law schools such as marine science and law, mining engineering and human resource law, real estate and development law, food technology and preservation law etc.
The externship program of KLS offers its students to work an opportunity to work in judges and lawyers' chambers, law firms, reputed companies including multi nationals and non-governmental organizations and to participate in a clinical seminar to reflect on their experiences.
BA LLB, BSc LLB and BBA LLB
LLM (Corporate Laws) & (Human Rights Law)
PhDOne year P.G. Diploma in Information Technology Laws (evening)
One year P.G. Diploma in Corporate Laws (evening)
- For BA LLB and BBA LLB, candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent in any stream with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
- For BSc LLB, candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent in science stream with at least 55% marks in aggregate.
- For all the three courses mentioned above the age limit should be below 21 years as on 1st July 2009.
- To be eligible for appearing in the entrance test to the two years LL.M. degree course, a candidate should have passed BA LLB /LLB /BL degree or an equivalent degree from a recognized university and must have secured at least 55% of marks in the aggregate of the maximum marks prescribed. Candidates awaiting results of the qualifying examination can also appear for the test on the condition that they will have to produce proof of having passed the qualifying examination with the prescribed marks at the time of admission.
- An applicant seeking admission to PhD programme must have; Master of Laws degree from any recognized university having scored a minimum of 55%; or M.Phil in Law from a recognized university; or Master's degree in any social science or allied discipline relevant to the field of research with minimum of 55% marks. The selection will be made on the basis of overall academic career and performance in the presentation of research proposal. Candidates having long years of professional experience and exhibiting research aptitude may also be admitted to the programme.
- Candidates from any discipline having 50% marks in graduation can get admission in the Diploma Programme by filling an application form. There is no age limit for this programme.
Application Form: Application forms for the admission test for BA LLB, B.BA LLB, BSc LLB and LL.M can be obtained from the University Counter at the Koel campus, various designated branches of Allahabad Bank and LST centers across India.
The filled-in application form shall be returned by hand/post to the Admission Director, KIIT University, Koel Campus, Bhubaneswar- 751024 on or before 10 th May, 2009. Candidates can also apply online by logging into www.kls.ac.in . Online applicants should send the printed filled in application form duly signed on or before 10 th May, 2009.
Selection: Admission to the five year Integrated BA LLB; BBA LLB & BSc LLB (Hons.) programs will be through a common all India entrance test (KLSAT-2009). The entrance test will be of two hours duration and will be conducted in as many as 61 centers across India. The test will consist of multiple choice questions and short answer type questions to test Legal Acumen, Linguistic Skills, Logistic and Analytical Reasoning, Mathematical and Numerical Ability, and General Knowledge. 70% of the questions will be of multiple-choice type and the remaining 30% will be of the short answer type.
Campus networking at KIIT is state-of-the-art with hi-tech facilities such as Wi-Fi hotspots installed over optical fibre and wireless bridge. Networking and computing resources can be accessed from any place within the campus.
- 300 acres of lush green eco-friendly wireless e-campus
- 45 lakh sq. ft of world-class built-up area
- 12 state-of-the-art campuses in Bhubaneswar
- Residential academic programmes
- NBA & NAAC accredited programmes
- Approved by statutory bodies of Govt. of India like the Bar Council of India
- Separate campus for each academic programme
- Air conditioned multimedia classroom with wireless LCD projector
- Wireless laptop for each student with 24 hours internet connectivity
- Round-the-clock 16 mbps internet and intranet access in campus & hostel
- Interactive video conferencing through VPN
- Wireless converged campus
- 24x7 digital library-cum-reading room & computer lab
- Wireless data centre
- Aesthetically designed hostels with modern amenities
- Indoor stadium with air-conditioned billiards room
- Air conditioned auditorium and conference halls
- 500 bedded super speciality hospital for the students & staff
- Swimming pool (under construction)
The most unique feature about KIIT Law School is that it creates a perfectly balanced living space for its students. It provides them a professional learning environment and a homely atmosphere at the same time. The school has many societies that promote extra-curricular activities. These societies build the students’ confidence, hone their skills and bring their latent talent to the fore.
Moot Court is an integral part of the KIIT Law School curriculum. The school has a huge moot court room where simulated court proceedings are carried out. The students are expected to participate in these proceedings, which mainly include drafting briefs and oral arguments. The School has a Students Bar Association, which sends the students to take part in national and international moot court competitions. KLS also organizes its own moot court competitions every year.
Sports and Games
KIIT University has one of the biggest outdoor and indoor stadia where the students can play games like basketball, lawn tennis, hockey, cricket etc. The campus also houses an air-conditioned billiard room. All students of KIIT get the privilege to participate in various inter-university, state, national and international level sports meets.
The KIIT Law School has a music society, which promotes the learning of various forms of music from Indian classical music to rock. Besides, there are many other avenues of entertainment that groom the various creative pursuits of the students.
In addition to campus placements the Training & Placement section aims to organize programmes, mock interviews, group discussions, case studies, etc. and has plans to organize programmes like:
"Interpersonal & Communication Skills".
"Career planning and Career Mapping".
"Programme on "Personal Effectiveness for Girl students".
- Separate hostel for boys and girls with modern amenities
- Hygienic kitchen & dining hall
- Round the clock internet and intranet facility
- 24 hours Reading Room Facility
- 24 hours access to library and labs
- Facility for all types of indoor and outdoor games
- Good quality of Indian and continental food
For queries regarding the institute and the programmes conducted, contact:
Office of Admissions
KIIT LAW SCHOOL
Patia, Bhubaneswar- 751024.
Tel: +91 674 2725440; 2725440
Mob: + 91 94383 03041; + 91 94383 04010; + 91 94371 12410; + 91 99370 17378; + 91 91787 41341